Lead UI Designer domainQantas Airways location_onSydney We're looking for a candidate to fill this position in an exciting company.
- Acting as the design leader within the team, ensuring that consistency is met, and design-thinking and insights underpin design solutions.
- Planning, conducting, and leading whiteboarding, sketching and ideation workshops.
- Collaborating with other UI/UX designers, leads and product managers to create user-focused designs informed by market analysis, customer feedback and requirements, and user research.
- Prototyping solutions in various levels of fidelity and interactivity, and iterate on them based on user and stakeholder feedback.
- 5+ years of design experience—taking ownership, driving understanding, and delivering solutions that exceed expectations with strong storytelling skills across discovery as well as delivery.
- Beautiful design aesthetic showcasing attention to detail; focusing on function while marrying compelling graphic design.
- Experience leading and overseeing the end-to-end UI/VD strategy.
- Experience managing or leading a team of designers, providing training and mentorship.
- Strong background in crafting wireframes, information architecture, storyboards, sitemaps and screen flows ideally in Figma, or Sketch.
- Strong experience in design-to-dev handover in tools like Zeplin.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills as well as a solid understanding of user-centred design principles.
- Strong working knowledge of design tools and frameworks, e.g. Sketch, Figma, Illustrator, Photoshop, and analytics platforms.
- An outstanding portfolio, showcasing a foundation in User interface, Interaction design, Visual Design, and prototyping.
- Experience in an agile team utilising scrum methodologies.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with senior stakeholders across all levels of the business and work autonomously with these stakeholders.
- Impeccable attention to detail in deliverables, and confidence in your ability to present them to internal stakeholders, inc. c-level suite, and clearly articulate your design decisions.
- Proven ability to effectively communicate insights and recommendations to senior executives in a clear and concise manner, in both written and verbal formats.
- Ability to influence decision-makers with empirical and analytical data as a source of truth.
- Ability to ask the right questions to get the ideal outcomes!
- Experience in leading a global experience language or style guide/pattern library will be highly advantageous.